www.melodymoo.co.uk

This is my blog for all things random, fashion, trends, reviews and rants. Also for nail art trends & tutorials!
Please check out my business www.melodymoo.co.uk for acrylic nails & jewellery!!!!

Saturday 15 June 2013

Sally Hansen Complete Manicure Review



So I came across this whilst out on a nail haul a few weeks ago and thought that I would give it a try. It claims to have '5 steps of a manicure in 1 bottle' :
  • Base Coat.
  • Strengthener.
  • Growth Treatment.
  • Colour.
  • Top Coat.
It also boasts to be chip-resistant for up to 10 days and the formula has Patented Micro-Encapsulated time-release Technology.
20130602_200804 - Copy (349361581)
The shade I applied is named 'Barely Blue Bell', a deep mint shade.
I was actually pleasantly surprised by this polish! I know that it boasts to be a good manicure polish, but having tried so many top branded 'chip-free long lasting' polishes and having them all fail, I must admit I didn't have high hopes for poor Sally.
The application was ultra-smooth and I only needed one coat!! It gave great full coverage and I was amazed at how quickly it dried! The finish gave me a strong, glossy manicure.
Now the reason that I turned to this polish was because I was facing a very busy week and knew that I wouldn't have time to do my nails. I have a business to run, a house to clean and a very active 1 year old to see to, so the wear and tear on my nails is usually quite harsh (washing, cleaning ,baby, shopping etc). The Sally Hansen Manicure definitely passed the test!! Most of my manicures only last a day or two, but Sally came through for me!

20130602_200756 - Copy

After 8 days of wear ( I had to take it off to do a nail tutorial) my nails were still going strong and looked shiney. I had a couple of barely noticeable chips ( from hedge trimming!) but that was it.
The only disadvantage I found was that when I  came to remove the polish one of my nails was slightly stained a green mint colour in the corner, which came off after more remover.
I would give Sally Hansen Complete Manicure 8/10 and will definitely be buying more!
Available from http://www.boots.com/en/Sally-Hansen-Complete-Salon-Manicure-Nail-Colour_1317168/ for £6.99

No comments:

Post a Comment